Research & Development
With that philosophy in mind the company though small with small budget, is continuing to research and develop products and system to achieve the following:
- Develop a system which has very lower capital cost. Since this product is not essentially required by the industry or municipality higher cost has the effect of deterring them from going for a wastewater recycling system. With our least regard to the environment, this product has the least priority. It is therefore important that investment cost be low.
- Develop a system which has very Low O&M cost. Even if some may like to go for a WWTP a higher regular operation and maintenance const will deter him. So it should be least possible.
- To create EASE of operation. Most of the foreign designed units are complicated and difficult to operate. It would need qualified operator to run the unit.
- To have least number of mechanical, moving parts. In our country it is difficult to get spares quickly sometime it is not even available. Thus resulting in closure of plant.
With the above concept in mind we have with technical collaboration of our Swedish associate developed the following equipment locally.
- LAMELLA CLARIFIER
This was developed after 10 years research by Professor Gunnar Weijman-Hane of Sweden. It has dramatically reduced space requirement and at the same time with laminar flow produces high degree of separation of solid from the suspension by employing counter-current principle.
- JET AERATOR
This has done away with noisy, expensive BLOWER normally required in biological treatment system. It sucks air through AIR STRIPPNG DEVICE while water is pumped through it.
With modified techniques internationally employed, experience of local conditions, and the above two components we are able to produce system.
- Easy to operate/ easy to maintain
- With least cost
- Long life over 25 years
- Low O&M cost